Well… all websites have to have this bit, so here it goes!
NotSoSecure was originally founded by Sumit “Sid” Siddharth in 2013 where it quickly grew based on Sid’s global reputation for creating cutting edge research capability and the ability to take this to the international conference stage.
Dan Haagman joined Sid as co-Director in 2015 following his building and selling his former Cyber security project and a well-known company. The two former colleagues and friends, launched NotSoSecure Global Services to address the industry need to make Penetration Testing simpler and more accessible. With 10 and 15 years experience respectively in the field, and have grown up through the Cyber Security / Internet Security revolution. Most importantly they learned to be innovative and creative with both technical service solutions and commercialising its use.
The founders met through their past work and together formed NotSoSecure Global Services Limited to change the way in which the market buys technical services. NotSoSecure was formed to be an Agile, client-facing, highly-innovative, tailored and global security and more specifically involving Penetration Testing, Training.
Globally renowned Cyber security expert and ethical Hacker / Penetration Tester Sumit “Sid” Siddharth, is an internationally recognised speaker at conferences such as BlackHat, Defcon, AppSec, Ruxcon, HITB, and BruCON.
Originally making his name as an expert in database security, he is now also known as an expert in application and infrastructure security. Sid is a technology “geek” with a sharp focus on quality, building leading edge technical teams and driving the research that he brings to client work and the wider community at large.
Leading NotSoSecure’s business operation Dan Haagman’s background is originally from the London Stock Exchange before he founded a leading Cyber Security firm which was acquired in 2011 by a globally established and respected Management Consultancy.
Dan is a tech entrepreneur with a strong client and commercial focus. Recognised as one of the UKs Cyber Security innovators Dan remains hands-on with all aspects of the business bringing his well-known drive, passion and ambition to the table.
A “NotSoComplex” Engagement Model
Listening To Clients; Designing What Clients Want
Over the years, the founders spent significant time with their clients and have listened to their frustrations regarding Pen Testing. The top concerns are summarised as follows;
- Scoping activity which usually consumes a significant amount of time
- Inability to fix costs, especially when it comes to re-tests
- Lack of transparency: of the testing company; detailed hourly reports are not available as they are configured around 7.5 hour working days
- The scheduling is far from “Agile”; it’s difficult to schedule especially at short notice, or to move components of testing at short notice
- Overwhelmingly complex reports: that often have to be re-worked by the client (if they are allowed the original source document rather than a PDF)
- Re-testing is a burden, often incurs significant cost and cannot be tailored. for example, to a 2 hour check of changes.
All of the above issues, consume significant business time of the client. More so, a Pen Test is usually only a single aspect of a much wider ranging set of activities that must be undertaken and Pen Testing service providers are not typically equipped to reduce this burden for their client.
An Experienced, Focussed Team
Alongside Siddharth and Haagman are a team of experienced Penetration Testers whom the founders have come to know in the Penetration Testing circles over many years. We only recruit those with the right aptitude and passion towards testing and the ability to ensure outstanding client service.
Client Service Model
What if… as a client, you could;
- Greatly reduce the time-consuming scoping process and requirements put upon you
- Have cost certainty
- Receive hourly updates as to what our consultants are up to.
- Schedule at will, often within a matter of hours
- Receive a simple management summary and custom data feed for bugs and vulnerabilities
- Re-test at a moment’s notice, incurring hourly not half-daily / daily costs
- All at costs that are extremely competitive
NotSoSecure has done it differently. Our team has taken business process and architecture expertise, smart and refined technical innovation and combined it with client feedback to produce a business model that is designed to serve its clients efficiently and with superior quality.
If you would like to discuss how we work together, please contact us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Whilst working for clients around the world and with a strong focus on the UK, EU, USA and Australia, NotSoSecure is founded and Head Quartered in Cambridge, UK.
CB1 Business Centre
Twenty Station Road
CB1 2JD, UK
NotSoSecure Global Services Limited (Company Registration: 09600047, VAT Registration: 215919989)
Head Office: CB1 Business Centre, Twenty Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JD, UK
Registered Office: Office 75 Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6JB, UK